"... You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Taking care of the bodies God gave us through worship, prayer, healthy eating and fitness!


Thursday, May 10, 2012

Balance and Rest

How many days per week are you working out? I will admit I do at least something everyday, but beware of overworking certain muscle groups ( in other words, for instance, don't work out your biceps every day). I will work my arms one day, my back another, and my legs and abs yet another. Then I rotate. I keep rotating so each body part gets rest. We all need rest don't we? But, bad things that happen when we're overworked. We're tired, we're cranky, we hurt ourselves. Its a need of balance. But word of warning: don't try to balance your faith/relationship with Jesus. Don't just throw Him into your week and rotate Him out. He needs to be so important to us that He's in our every second, balancing the rest for us. We'll be so much stronger if we do things for Him and listen to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment