"... You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Taking care of the bodies God gave us through worship, prayer, healthy eating and fitness!


Thursday, May 2, 2013

Most Simple Breakfast EVER

I don't know that it gets easier than this. I've never been a big breakfast eater- I have to force myself because I know it's importance. But this easy recipe has me looking forward to breakfast everyday!
1/4 c steel cut oats
3/4 c water
splash of milk
4 oz. sliced strawberries
In a small saucepan bring oats and water to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Let sit for 1 minute. Put oats in bowl. Add sliced strawberries and a splash or 2 of milk. (I let my oats thicken up a little extra so its almost the consistency of baked oatmeal, just how I like it) Top with a dash of cinnamon for healthy antioxidants and flavor. If desired add a tsp or so of organic maple syrup or a stevia in the raw packet.
* I was out of strawberries yesterday and chopped up an apple using this same recipe- just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment