"... You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Taking care of the bodies God gave us through worship, prayer, healthy eating and fitness!


Friday, April 27, 2012

The Perfect Salad


This is my very favorite salad. Its got protien- salmon and egg, if you don't eat meat, use tofu or tempeh. I love that the egg and feta add a nice slightly creamy texture. I've been eating these for lunch and sharing with my kids for lunch. Even they love it! I use the cherry tomatoes, but regular tomatoes, chopped would be wonderful. Tomatoes is something, I personally ALWAYS buy organic. Best part about a salad, pick and choose what you want in it. Add some chopped bell pepper, hot sauce or onion.

2 oz. Salmon, cooked
1 boiled egg, chopped
1 t. capers
handful sunflower seeds
1 T. craisins
1 T. feta cheese
about 1 handful of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), optional
2 Mushrooms, thinly sliced, or chopped
Lentil/Broccoli Sprouts - I like a lot!
Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
Orange wedges, in pieces and cut bite sized-optional
1 T Olive oil or Flax Oil
3 t. balsamic vinegar

Put ingredients over top of any combination of mixed greens, spinach, watercress and/or romaine. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment