"... You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Taking care of the bodies God gave us through worship, prayer, healthy eating and fitness!


Friday, March 16, 2012

Cheezey Chickpeas

"Cheezey" Chickpeas

“Kitty Food” as my daughter calls it. Learned about this recipe from my sis-in-law. So glad I did! They’re a great snack; my kids think they’re like French fries. Chickpeas are wondreful for you. Great source of fiber and energy. As for nutritional yeast, if you haven't tried it- you must. I get mine from the bulk food section at my local grocer. It's high in fiber and protein, minerals and B Vitamins. It has little to no saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, sodium and sugar. You can add it to anything, or use it as a cheese substitute. A little goes a long way, I also love it on air popped popcorn. Yum.
1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained (I cook my own and just use this as a guide for measuring)
2 T. Olive Oil
3 T. Nutritional Yeast

In a sandwich bag, add olive oil. Add nutritional yeast and close bag and smoosh and squish to combine. Add chickpeas. Bake in oven on parchment paper covered baking sheet at 425 till cooked and a little crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment