"... You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Taking care of the bodies God gave us through worship, prayer, healthy eating and fitness!


Friday, March 9, 2012

Protein "Chai Style" Shake


I will say, I was surprised when this tasted pretty good, especially as far as prune juice goes, I've never really been a fan... and now I have to buy it all the time! Another note I want to add: keep in mind your goal is to cut out sugar. The cinnamon is a great antioxidant and makes your food taste sweeter, also helps your blood sugar. If you've done the detox, it won't take long before chocolate is too sweet for you (this is coming from a "recovering choco-holic"). Good luck!

Protein "Chai Style" Shake

almost 1\2 c. prune juice
good squeeze of lemon juice, about 1\8-1\4 tsp.
1 1\4 c. milk of any kind (i use organic cows milk)
1 Scoop Vanilla Protien ( I made this wth 6 star vanilla creme whey)
cinnamon to taste- i use about 1\2 T. or so
sucanat to taste (honey also works)

Blend ingredients together and drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment