"... You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Taking care of the bodies God gave us through worship, prayer, healthy eating and fitness!


Thursday, March 22, 2012

Not Our Own

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honour God with your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

A lot of people believe they have the right to do as they please with their body. They claim its freedom, but is it? Is it freedom being a slave to a desire?

I must admit, I have always fought an addiction to junk food. It doesn't seem like it would be that serious- its only food right? But it became a matter of self control (for me) and taking care of the only body God gave me. I actually started feeling guilty over what I was eating. After seeing all that had happened to people's health just over the food they were eating, I just felt this wasn't how I should be doing things.

When we become Christians, the Holy Spirit comes and lives in us, buying us at a price. We're no longer our own.  If you live in a building owned by someone else-you try to take care of it, following the set rules and such. Because our body belongs to God, we need to take care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment